Monday, January 16, 2006

A Prayer for the Church

Gracious Father, we pray for your holy Catholic Church. Fill it with all truth, in all truth with all peace. Where it is corrupt, purify it; where it is in error, direct it; where in any thing it is amiss, reform it. Where it is right, strengthen it; where it is in want, provide for it; where it is divided, reunite it; for the sake of Jesus Christ your Son our Savior. Amen.
-Prayer for the Church, Book of Common Prayer

By the way, I found a really good website called The Daily Office from the Mission of St. Claire, and I've added it to my list of blogical blinks. If you click on the button that says "Click for Today's Prayer Service," it will lead you through a robust, God-centered, daily liturgy. I'm planning on going through it every morning before I begin my workday. If anyone in the SF Bay Area is interested in getting a regular prayer service going in person, I'd love to talk to you about it. We could use this website as an example.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Doug hasn't read your blog for the past 2 days since I've heard nothing of this. Anyway, I'm sure we will start incorporating this in some way into our family prayer times and I thank you greatly for sharing your find.

January 17, 2006 6:44 PM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

Thanks, doug's better half... oops, I mean, other half.

Also, this is indeed a great resource, but I haven't checked out every jot an tittle. And seeing as it is an episcopal website, I'm sure it goes without saying that discernment will be required.

Having said that, everything I have encountered in the daily prayer services so far has been completely orthodox and God-honoring (except for the occasional p.c. changes i.e.- in the gloria patri, changing "Glory be to the Father and to the Son..." to "Glory to the Creator, and to the Christ...").

My family misses and loves you all very much!

January 17, 2006 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

Listed on BlogShares