Thursday, December 15, 2005

Check Out My Links

So if you've ever looked over to the right of my posts, you've probably noticed links to places like NT Wrightpage, or Mere Comments. And perhaps you saw one entitled Uberkuh, and wondered to yourself, "Why does Andrew have a link to a supercow?"

Well, let me 'splain. This gentleman (who goes by the name of Uberkuh) is a self-described artistic atheist. If you follow the link on the right, it will take you to his blog. He is a very intelligent man, and has a heckuva big axe to grind with Christians (read his post entitled My Deconversion). I have dialoged with him on a few subjects, in an attempt to represent Christianity rationally, fairly, and winsomely. I have not described myself as a Christian to him, nor have I made arguments explicitly in favor of Christianity. Rather, I have interacted with his arguments by agreeing where I agree (hopefully thus representing Christianity in an unprecedented way for him) and politely disagreeing with him where I disagree, using reductio arguments, etc.

I think all of us can benefit by truly listening to the arguments of atheists like Uberkuh, and analyzing them honestly and making sure we know why we agree or disagree. So this is my plug: Go visit Uberkuh and read his arguments. Think about them. And if you want to get some real life apologetics experience, post him a comment. But PLEASE, don't be a jerk for Jesus; he's met enough of those already.

2 Comments:

Blogger DrewDog said...

Thanks man, I appreciate it! And I am very sorry for misrepresenting you. I should have posted more carefully (this is one of my many shortcomings, and trust me, I'm working on it!).

I'll fix the post immediately.

Cheers,

Andrew

December 15, 2005 10:54 PM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

OOPS! I also just went back and read one of my interations with Uberkuh, and realized that I did indeed state at one point that I am a Christian. D'oh!

December 16, 2005 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

Listed on BlogShares