Saturday, December 10, 2005

Jack's Life

I just finished reading the book, Jack's Life by Douglas Gresham, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. Douglas Gresham, stepson of C.S. Lewis, tells the life story of a man who was profoundly shaped by moments of joy and countless experiences of pain. It details in vivid prose the entire life of "Jack" (as he preferred to be called) from his birth in Belfast, Ireland to his death in his beloved home, The Kilns, in Oxford. All along the way we are introduced to family and friends, hopes and dreams, crushing losses, and in the midst of all this, a man who Gresham could describe in his own words as "the finest man and best Christian I have ever known." If you enjoy the writing of C.S. Lewis, then you'll love this opportunity to observe the world of the man who gave us Narnia, Mere Christianity, and so much more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But how could CS Lewis be a Christian? He wrote about magic...and he was an Anglican...wait a second...NT Wright is an Anglican...Watch out, buddy, I am on to you.

December 13, 2005 3:09 AM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

Alright, you caught me... I admit it. I am an anglocathbyterian.

And by the way, what in the world are you doing up at this hour? Should I suspect that your baby daughter is keeping you awake? Maybe I'm on to you too.

December 13, 2005 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

Listed on BlogShares