Sunday, July 16, 2006

Fond Memories

One thing I love about vacations is the way the experience gets infused into the memory. Although it mirrors the experience, it has a strange tendency to soften the edges, increase the intensity of certain hues, focus sharply in certain areas and blur others, and generally nuance reality. For example, I could tell you in great detail how miserable my daughter was in Texas as she endured a terrible stomach flu with a fever passing 105, but at the same time, I look back and all of the memories (taken together) are fond. We met some great people, caught up with old friends, ate some great tex-mex, saw some great sites, cared for our hurting Karis, etc... It was a wonderful, hard, time. Anyway, I don't know if this is making any sense, but hopefully someone out there is relating.

Here are some pics from our trip (I was so disappointed that I forgot to get a photo with my dear friend Brother Quotidian; we'll have to get together again sooner than later):

6 Comments:

Blogger MikeknaJ said...

Your daughter looks like her daddy.

July 17, 2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

Thanks, Tamber; Karis misses Bethany too. Her bath times just aren't as exciting anymore.

We wish you and Bethany could come out with Steve to the wedding in August.

We miss you guys already.

July 17, 2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

Mike, are you saying that my daughter looks like a man? :)

Or maybe you're just calling me a girl.

July 17, 2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger MikeknaJ said...

Well, I did find a dress in the mod once that I thought was Evan's.... maybe it was yours!

July 18, 2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

Ah, yes. You and Evan; you guys got along so well. Remember when he tried to start a fist fight with you in the kitchen? Some people show their affection in such silly ways.

July 18, 2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

Likewise, Gar; you have a wonderful family. Thank you so much for inviting us into your lovely home.

I think the wine was interacting with Steve's medication (Shiner).

[For those of you onlookers who occasionaly miss sarcasm, this is a joke. Everyone ate and drank responsibly, and to the glory of our holy God]

If you find yourself out here on the left coast, please stop by. We'd love to have you in our home as well.

Cheers.

July 21, 2006 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

Listed on BlogShares