Thursday, February 16, 2006

¡Viva México!

Okay, so I have to admit something: I'm a curious guy. I really want to know who's looking at my blog and what they think about it; and so I must confess that I've been spying on you all... sort of.

You see, if you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you'll see a counter that indicates how many hits this blog has gotten so far. This counter is part of an account I have that tells me certain things about my visitors. I can tell how long a person has been viewing the page, where they are located, who their ISP is, what time they visited, and a few other things. I can't tell who anyone is exactly, and obviously I can't tell what they think unless they leave me a comment (hint, hint), but it's helpful information nonetheless.

For me, one of the more interesting pieces of information that I can glean from this account is where my visitors are located. For example, I know that I have regular visitors from San Diego, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Texas, Colorado, North Carolina, Georgia, Denmark, Japan, and Peru.

And then there's one visitor who comes every once in a while from my second homeland, Mexico. And because I have such an affection for Mexico, I wanted to give that visitor a special shout out:

Bienvenido, y gracias por visitar y leer mi blog. No sé quien eres, pero estoy seguro que eres inteligente, amable, y auténtica. Inteligente porque lees mi blog (no es cierto), y amable y auténtica porque eres Mexicano(a). ¡Viva México!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

y super gracias a Goya para totos los memorias...con queso...de felicidad.

PS You misspelled almost every word in your last paragraph.

February 16, 2006 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous siempre tiene un chiste...pero, yo no sé que "blog" es una palabra en espanol.

February 16, 2006 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spy.

February 16, 2006 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

el "blog" es una palabra en espanol. Significa a alguien que intenta ser malo hablando en un idioma extranjero.

How do you like me now!?!

February 17, 2006 7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A anonymous #1, ¿no escribió correcto? ¡Por Favor! ¿Que es "totos"?

A Drew, tu gramática es perfecto. ¡Buen trabajo! Con tu información me conoces:).

February 17, 2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

Too many anonymice running around here!

Man, of all my posts, I didn't think this one would be so popular.

I think I've done some good though. Everyone's getting a chance to practice their spanish.

February 17, 2006 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry...totos = todos. Curse the morphological changes from latin to spanish ... or should I say: Maldiga los cambios morfológicos de latino al español.

February 17, 2006 2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, Steve (Latin to Spanish). I suspected it was you:)

Thanks for the Valentine picture, will you be mine?

February 17, 2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

Actually, it would be "todas las memorias," since "todas" modifies "las memorias."

And Latin in spanish is "latín" as opposed to "latino" which refers to ethnicity.

February 17, 2006 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willie hears ya...Willie dont care.

February 18, 2006 7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, and while we are at it, Willie, you should have used "por" instead of "para" with "gracias". Love ya Willie.

February 18, 2006 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People...lets not bicker and argue about who said what how. Cant you see we are being taken advantage of. DrewDog is using our witty exchanges as an excuse not to post anything new. He is getting us to do his work. Well I for one am through commenting until he posts something new...or somebody else says something that I can make a joke out of...whichever come first.

February 18, 2006 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only are we doing his work, but he's spying on us as well!

February 18, 2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

i'm doing nothing of the sort.

I THINK MY LAB RATS ARE ON TO ME!

Oops. I said the loud part soft, and the soft part loud.

February 18, 2006 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

Listed on BlogShares