Thursday, January 26, 2006

I Love LA

As some of you know and many of you don't, I was born and raised in LA (that's the city of angels, not Lower Alabama), and as a result, I have always had a certain affinity for palm trees and smog. Anyway, my wife and I decided to get away for the weekend, so we got up at 4:45 this morning, loaded up the car, and made the 5-hour trek (it actually only took 4 hours this time thanks to a strong tail wind, I imagine) down to sunny Southern California.

I know most people can't understand it, but I really do love Los Angeles. The weather is perfect, the scenery is breathtaking (literally!), the beach is minutes away, great food abounds (BJ's Pizza everywhere), much of my extended family lives here, and I could go on.

This is my daughter Karis' first ex utero experience of Los Angeles, and so far she's... speechless. Tomorrow we're taking her to the LA Zoo to teach her about how we humans went from fins- to four legs- to two, through a random and undirected process by which the present diversity of plant and animal life arose from the earliest and most primitive organisms, which is believed to have been continuing for the past 3000 million years; but I digress (and feign).

Post a comment, and let me know whether or not you too love LA, and why. Actually, if you don't love LA, don't bother posting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was fittin' to slam LA until you mentioned BJ's Pizza...Jeremiah Red...mmmPizzookie...and lets not forget the Napa Rose...mmmBlue Cheese Snow...

We miss you guys and cant wait to see you.

January 26, 2006 6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet, kids need to learn that they're only hear by freak, random chance at an early age.

January 27, 2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

Anonymous: I just got back from the Napa Rose, and.. just kidding. See you in 4 days!

Mike: I figure it's better to let them know now before they get their hopes up.

January 28, 2006 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit that the Los Angeles area is pretty cool. It has balmy weather, great restaurants, and Disneyland. However, it also has metering lights on on the freeways at 1:00 in the afternoon, enough smog to make you feel like you need to wash your face five times a day, and billboards advertising "men's clubs" every where you turn. It's kind of like it's totally repelling and alluring all at the same time. L.A. is like, so, like, totally, complex.

February 13, 2006 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

Listed on BlogShares