Wednesday, February 14, 2007

FYI

Well, some big changes are headed my way; and I'm pretty darn excited/scared/happy/sad. The following is a letter that I read to my church this past Sunday:


February 11, 2007

To the Redwood Chapel Family,

The past nine years have brought so many blessings from God into my life. I have had the opportunity to work with great and talented servants of the Lord both in the music and children’s ministry; I met and married my beautiful wife, Rebekah; we purchased our first home; we welcomed Karis Sophia into our family; and soon we will be saying hello to yet another Baby Richardson.

Our family and Redwood Chapel have been intricately woven together for many years, and we are so thankful for the friendship and love we have shared with you all. However, the time has come for my family and me to trust God as He takes us into a new chapter of life. This has not been an easy decision by any means, but we know that it is the right one. We will be moving to Southern California sometime this spring so that I can further my biblical and pastoral studies at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena. As well, I have been invited to join the staff as a pastoral intern of a young church, where I will serve in the Music and Children’s Ministries… imagine that!

Please know that we love you and will miss you all dearly (Rebekah in particular has made some very special friends over the years). We also covet your prayers as I take my growing family to a new place full of uncertainties. Pray that we will make new friends quickly, and that opportunities for ministry and growth will abound. No matter what happens in the future, we know that God has been completely faithful in the past, and that His promises for what lies ahead are just as sure.

For King and Kingdom,

Andrew Richardson
Pastor of Children's Ministries
Redwood Chapel Community Church

4 Comments:

Blogger Puntastic! said...

very sad...very, very sad

February 15, 2007 9:39 PM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

Matt: I'm sorry man. I promise to come up and visit sometimes, and I'll make sure that I'm up on a Wednesday occasionally.

Aaron: I imagine they'll be in today, but I'm in L.A., so I have no idea!

February 16, 2007 8:48 AM  
Blogger erica said...

Once you move you had better post pictures regularly on this blog of Karis and baby # 2. OR ELSE...

February 17, 2007 5:47 PM  
Blogger DrewDog said...

I will agree to this, if you agree to come down and visit to see them in person at least once a quarter.

February 18, 2007 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

Listed on BlogShares